Thursday, February 01, 2007

Silence!

I am a little pressed for time tonight, but I don't like to miss a post. Firstly--I read some comments from a few posts ago and on one of them Moxie wisely pointed out that voters haven't been invited to Coast of Utopia yet. That is indeed true. They don't need to be invited before the eligibility decision, but it is interesting to point out that they have not been. I sort of figured voters would not be invited until all three parts started performances because I just figured LCT would want the voters to have the option of seeing them all within a short time frame. I myself can't imagine sitting through the marathon, but Moxie said people really want to, so good for them.

For a short second note, I just wanted to point something out with Evil Dead closing. I'm hearing about less upcoming off-Broadway musicals than I usually do by this time of year. Rock of Ages had money, lost money, had money and now doesn't again. Silence! is having some backers readings. Opposite of Sex is being mentioned again. And there are some more.... But usually I know of 12 gearing up for a big press and, this year, not so much. Have people finally gotten wise? Probably not. Maybe it's the weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Silence!. It was funny. But there's no reason for it to ever be seen again.

On the other hand, I'm all for The Opposite of Sex, but then Doug Cohen's a friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to attend the invite performance of Rock of Ages next month. I hear there are some big names involved.

Christmas Decorators Greensboro said...

Nice poost