Thursday, November 09, 2006

I just need to make one thing clear...

I don't have much to say, but I do have a clarification. I've gotten these: "Do you think there is ANY chance Orlando Bloom will do it?" emails. I blame myself for this because I didn't make the whole "no Orlando" thing clear. It's Hugh Dancy INSTEAD OF Orlando Bloom. Now, I guess if Hugh gets a movie and Orlando Bloom suddenly wants to do it and has nothing else to do, it could possibly happen... Never say "never," but, I'm thinking you can basically say "not gonna see it." Sorry I did not make that clear. Bloom was mentioned for Captain Stanhope and now Dancy is Captain Stanhope. I am happy they ended up with Dancy rather than a random actor I had never heard of in the sense that, if Journey's End is boring, I'm so just going to sit there picturing him lip syncing to "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" at the end of Ella Enchanted. Meanwhile, one of those Bloom emails asked me if I knew anything about what kind of character Jefferson Mays would play. In a review of the London production, Variety described the character I believe Mays will play, Mason, as: "the resident chef with an avidity for cutlets." So there that is. Now, again, note that none of this casting is confirmed. I am pretty confident about it, but I can't swear by any of it.

No comments: