Thursday, November 30, 2006

OK…

I’m a little too swamped to write a full force post tonight. I mean, my head is about to combust. It’s part stress from my day and part the fact that I’m very confused by the Company reviews (other than the AP one)…. But, moving on.

Now that a second Claire Danes/Tamar Ragoff PS122 dance piece has been announced, I need to take a moment to reflect on the first one. I will be talking about it for the rest of my life, assuming people still know who Claire Danes is when I’m 80. Each time someone at the Kornberg office (which reps PS122) asks me to go to something there I say: “Does it feature Claire Danes with her feet bleeding?” I sat in the second row the last time and poor Claire’s feet actually did bleed as she continually ran around in circles and into a curtain and then around in circles again. The show also featured a video of her crawling across the street and up the PS122 stairs. Uh, huh. And this one, entitled Edith & Jenny, sounds better. Somehow about film debuts (the “Edith” in the title refers to Danes’ character Edith in her film debut, Dreams of Love) and it features two people—the other one is Ragoff’s daughter, a lifelong friend of Danes’ named Ariel Flavin. Now, apparently, the other girl is an actress who was in the movie Coyote Mountain and played a character named Jenny. But, there aren’t any IMDB or Google mentions of her or it, so, moving on.

I also want to say that there seems to be some confusion about the title of one of my previous posts. I feared not many people would get it and, indeed, that was a problem. “Like most intellectuals, he's intensely stupid...”=my favorite line from the movie Dangerous Liasons. It has nothing to do with Michael Borowski, who I spoke about in that post. Mikey is one of my favorite people, so I would never call him stupid in a public forum. I also wouldn’t really call anyone I’m close with an intellectual (despite their esteemed educations), so, there you go. Speaking of Dangerous Liasons, and, thus, Les Liasons Dangereuses, I’ve heard a couple of things about the Roundabout. I haven't really cared enough to check any of them out and I actually forgot I knew them until mid-writing of this. I heard a rumor about Prelude to a Kiss this season… I also heard that they are thinking of reviving Applause at some point. I'd like to see that. But, they were also at one point thinking of reviving On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and countless other shows, so, moving on.

Actually, that’s it. I will say that my mother will be so very happy that a Times story in theory about The Big Voice: God or Merman? focused on the history of a temple. I mean, those of you who know her, know that’s going to make her day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Prelude to a Kiss is more than a rumor - there's a casting notice up on PBOL.