Monday, January 15, 2007

Theater Time

Yet another disappointing episode of Grease: You're The One That I Want is behind us as I write this. I have to say, watching it sort of made me unmotivated to do anything theater-related for the rest of the night. But it's blog day! And it's time for the list of Broadway theaters and their inhabitants!

I like to look at this list myself when I am trying to decide if something can or cannot come in this season. For instance--would The Scene have a theater to transfer into this season? (Note that for such a transfer to happen, producers would have to recast the show's leading man, so I am not confident that it will move, I am just saying hypothetically.) Well, looking at the list it is clear there is nothing available for The Scene unless funding for Radio Golf or Xanadu drops out, a teetering show closes or an upcoming show bombs extremely quickly.

Things that are in the color blue below have not been announced. I used to have things on the list like the Benny/Bjorn musical Kristina (which wanted the Broadway or the Hilton) and Tale of Two Cities (which was also rumored for the Hilton) as tentative, but I thought readers might get confused and begin expecting to actually see those things. Plus, I can't put Kristina on if I refuse to put The Wiz on and I refuse to put The Wiz on because I am confidently rooting for Hairspray. Though I am putting Young Frankenstein on the list just because I want to.

Shubert Theaters
Ambassador -- Chicago
Ethel Barrymore --- Company
Belasco -- Journey's End
Booth – The Year of Magical Thinking
Broadhurst --- Les Misérables
Broadway --- The Color Purple
Cort --- The Little Dog Laughed --> Radio Golf
John Golden --- Avenue Q
Imperial – Coram Boy
Longacre – Talk Radio
Lyceum -- Inherit The Wind
Majestic – Phantom of the Opera
Plymouth/Schoenfeld – A Chorus Line
Royale/Jacobs – Frost/Nixon
Shubert –Spamalot
Winter Garden -- Mamma Mia!
Music Box – The Vertical Hour --> Deuce


Nederlander Theaters
Brooks Atkinson – A Moon for the Misbegotten --> Grease
Gershwin – Wicked
Lunt-Fontanne -- Beauty and the Beast
Marquis— The Drowsy Chaperone
Minskoff – The Lion King
Nederlander -- Rent
Palace -- Legally Blonde
Richard Rodgers – Tarzan
Neil Simon -- Hairspray

Jujamcyn Theaters
Al Hirschfeld – Curtains
Walter Kerr – Grey Gardens
Eugene O'Neill – Spring Awakening
St. James – The Producers --> Young Frankenstein??
Virginia – Jersey Boys

Others
Circle in the Square – Spelling Bee
Hilton -- Pirate Queen
Helen Hayes – Xanadu
New Amsterdam – Mary Poppins
Studio 54 --- All Roundabout
American Airlines – All Roundabout
Biltmore – MTC
Vivian Beaumont – Lincoln Center

No comments: