Monday, September 04, 2006

Enough I Say!

Last night, I watched the film version of The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds. Besides the fact that it's a fabulous movie - Joanne Woodward is fantastic, fierce and funny; the screenplay by Alvin Sargent is a beautiful and thoughtful expansion of the play; and Paul Newman's direction is incredibly sensitive - it would make a wonderful revival for a great star. Meryl Streep. Allison Janney. Edie Falco. How much better off Edie Falco would have been doing this instead of 'night Mother. So if anyone from Manhattan Theatre Club or Second Stage or the poor li'l Roundabout Theatre reads this God forsaken blog that I am still stuck ghost writing I mean that I am thrilled to continue ghost writing even though The Broad of Broadway is back from abroad, consider yourself gifted. But please notice I did NOT mention Cherry Jones above. Enough with that nonsense already! Enough I say!

Some other plays I'd like to see revived on Broadway in the near future: Toys in the Attic, The Children's Hour, Sweet Bird of Youth, I Never Sang For My Father, and Biloxi Blues - just kidding.

I don't have a whole hell of a lot else to say... I mean, I do, but I really don't know where to begin. I have never blogged before, I have never even read a blog before this one, and this is the only one I ever will read... until Katie Holmes starts one up that is. I have been tempted many times to post things on All That Chat, but where do you begin with those lovely, confused people? Tonight, someone asked how the last row of the mezzanine was at the Broadhurst. IT SUCKS! IT'S PRACTICALLY AT THE SHUBERT! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!?! WE HAVE LIVES!!!

As the season begins, I shall continue calling the Jacobs the Royale and the Schoenfeld the Plymouth. I am pretending Chicago is not still running. I am continuing to lobby NY1 to buy Donna Karger a comb. I look forward to seeing A Chorus Line back on Broadway, Les Freres Corbusier's Hell House, The Coast of Utopia, The Clean House, and Regrets Only. I am not looking forward to seeing Talk Radio, Translations or Jay Johnson and his friggin' puppet. What the hell is that? Enough with that nonsense already! Enough I say!

No comments: