Monday, September 11, 2006

Ooops

I forgot today was blog day. I don't know how--I'd like to blame jet lag, but, it seems like a lame excuse. The "dog ate my homework" of yuppies. So I'll just say I forgot and that is it.

For a while now, I've been waiting for Broadway.com to stop writing reviews/doing roundups. It was the last step in becoming a marketing site and it seemed inevitable. Now I think it has been taken. No Usher review/roundup. Alas. Let's take a moment to mourn and then completely forget about it.

Done? OK. So what am I going to knock out for this blog posting? A cheer for Rosie O'Donnell, who I don't usually support. Rosie unquestionably did a lot for the theater when she had her daytime talk show--and not just big Broadway shows--she encouraged people to go see smaller projects as well; for instance, she tauted the one-woman play The Syringa Tree (as Jim Randolph frequently mentions). Last week was her first one on The View and she is already starting up again. She promoted The Wedding Singer, mentioning her love of new star Constantine Maroulis and giving away tickets. This is the kind of thing that draws nationwide attention to shows. So, I must applaud her return the daytime, despite her continued praise of Tom Cruise.

I'm busy or else I'd write more. You'll all live without additional remarks, I am pretty sure.

No comments: