Saturday, March 25, 2006

Theater thoughts of the day!

1) Has anyone tried to get Zooey Deschanel to star in a stage musical? And, if not, why not?

I understand that the name Zooey Deschanel may not sell tons of tickets, but she is well-liked by many and would probably get some press. Plus she can sing and act. I mean she may not be GENIUS on either front, but, she can compete with most. When is the last time you saw a GENIUS musical theater leading lady?


2) Why does Trip Cullman continue to get work?

I’m all for giving new directors a chance. I’m also all for casting random celebrities in shows. Nevertheless I am not for Trip Cullman. Nothing he has done has ever been well-directed and yet he continues to get jobs. Anyone out there care to explain? Please? I'm willing to listen... Just don't say because his family is rich...


3) What’s with RING OF FIRE?

I ask that seriously. This is a show that many respected New York theater figures went to see in Buffalo and sort of liked it. The Shuberts gave it an in-demand theater. Now that it is here, I haven’t heard one nice thing about it. Did they spike the pre-show punch at the Studio Arena Theater? I just don’t get it.



No comments: