Monday, June 11, 2007

Jerry Likes My Corn

I ended up not going to Boston this weekend---I had tons to do and I was going to an outdoor event and there was an 80% chance of rain for both days there, so I got talked out of it---and thus I actually got to watch the awards. While I was procrastinating my real work yesterday, I also read all the pundit reports. What was Elysa Gardner thinking when she picked Talk Radio?

Anyway, I'm now back from a slew of parties, which maybe I'll report on on Wednesday.

For now, as promised, my biggest surprise of the night. And it was... Carla Gugino's hair. Seriously. What was she thinking? I hope it is for a role... because, if it isn't, it's clear not living up to her normal standard with her performance on Entourage has traumatized her.

I mean, there were no real surprises. I was THRILLED with David Hyde Pierce. So happy. I picked him here, but I believe the only journalist to pick him in a major outlet was Campbell Robertson. So we rock. (If some of you other people out there predicted David Hyde Pierce, you rock too, have no fear.)

I was also very happy with Julie White, who, I picked on this blog, but I was a little afraid would not triumph because of those pesky out-of-towners.

Also, I just want you all to know, even though this is not my party report... I walked up to Mary Louise Wilson and I said to her: "Hey, you don't know who I am and it's not important, but I just want to say I think you're a genius." I mean, I was really thrilled when she won. I knew she would, there wasn't a question, but it still made me happy to see her up there. I'm sure "Jerry" was happy as well.

Yeah, I can't think of anything else. It was so boring I could barely get through it. I actually didn't get through the whole thing... I thought those commercial intros were dreadful--not as bad when they said who they were, but, then, like the 110 in the Shade intro... that just an 'oy.' AND THERE IS NOT A LITTLE BIT OF BROADWAY IN EVERYONE. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT.

Oh--I was also taken with the fact that the Tony announcer didn't know what category Liev Schreiber got his Tony in. They said "leading actor for Glengarry" and, well, that's wrong. Of course that is not as big a screw-up as when Donna Carter on the red carpet said to John Mahoney "nominated for his performance in Prelude to a Kiss..." and he had to correct her. That was a real low-point.

I have to sleep. I have to be up at 8am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as we're talking accuracy, it's Donna Karger. But getting her last name wrong isn't as bad as her Mahoney mistake (which I agree, was really embarrassing).